Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Confidence in the Lord

Psalm 16 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Psalm 16

Confidence in the LORD

1 Protect me, God, for I take refuge in You. (A)
2 I [a] said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
I have no good besides You." (B) [b]

3 As for the holy people who are in the land, (C)
they are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.

4 The sorrows of those who take another [god]
for themselves multiply;
I will not pour out their drink offerings of blood,
and I will not speak their names with my lips. (D)

5 LORD, You are my portion [c]
and my cup [of blessing];
You hold my future. (E)

6 The boundary lines have fallen for me
in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. (F)

7 I will praise the LORD who counsels me (G) —
even at night my conscience instructs me. (H)

8 I keep the LORD in mind [d] always.
Because He is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken. (I)

9 Therefore my heart is glad,
and my spirit rejoices;
my body also rests securely. (J)

10 For You will not abandon me to Sheol; (K)
You will not allow Your Faithful One to see the Pit. (L) [e]

11 You reveal the path of life to me;
in Your presence is abundant joy; (M)
in Your right hand are eternal pleasures. (N)

No comments:

Search This Blog