Sunday, December 19, 2010

Joyeux Anniversarie & Noel!

I probably didn't spell that correctly in French, but then again most of English is misspelled French ;0). I can't help trying to do it though, it's my NOLA roots. It was 11 years ago today (literally) that I slept like a log, woke up to a gourmet bubble bath, a morning mani/pedi,  a breakfast buffet in a hotel with my "besties" and again I  took a nap (people still have a hard time hearing that) in my own little bridal suite at the grand church where my husband and I said "I do." and "I do too."

So much has changed since we first got married: babies, betters, worsts, rich-er (not in money mind you), poorer (definitely in money), but all in all, if I had to do it all over again (bearing in mind what financial investments I would and would not have made), I still woulda said "I do." I can't even say that my life is rosy at this point. In fact, I'm kinda wondering where the betters are, but I do know this: Regardless of what life throws at me, my spouse, my marriage and my children, I still trust God. I won't let go of Him, otherwise I don't believe I'd still be married (or have children). I suppose that makes sense because the marriage covenant is between God, my spouse and me. If we don't include Him, it's not a complete contract and you know what happens when contracts go bust. . .

Oh yes, update: I've just finished month 2 of my master's program and I think I'm going to need another brain.  Hopefully, I will be well enough at the end of the program to be able to use what I've learned if I can remember it. Well, at least there's the Holidays. . .

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Happy Anniversary & Happy Holidays CeCe. Congrats on completing two courses. You can finish!

CeCe Wilson said...

Thanks Wanda! It's been rough but I know you're right. 2 classes down just 10 (Oh my) more to go. . . And as far as my anniversary goes, there's no where to go but up!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Search This Blog