Friday, May 8, 2009

It's Mommy's Day!

Okay so the date is wrong. I know it says May 8 but that's fine. I am just writing about my Mother's Day and just how sweet it was. I demanded to do nothing that day. I didn't want to cook, clean, get up out of bed first, nothing. I just wanted breakfast in bed like my mom used to get, and time with my family. Although the waffles were chocolate brown (without the chocolate), and the bacon was not quite the same crispy I like, I must say they were both "mighty tasty." I think the meal was especially delicious because it was made with the utmost love and technological advancement available to men (not women, just men). I don't know what they did to make it, and I really don't want to know. And no, I didn't get exactly what I wanted as far as time was concerned, but my spouse and children did EVERYTHING in their power to let me know that I was First Lady in their eyes, and that makes my whole tour of Mommy duty so worth it. If you have a Mom, *snort*, (gosh, you know what I mean)then do all that you can to show her that she is special and important to who you are today. Even if she wasn't the best and/or greatest Mom to you, or even any good at all, cut her some slack and at least thank her for carrying you and giving birth to you. It is a lot of work being pregnant and because of her, you're not an afterthought/un-thought, and the world is a little better because you, the potential, are here.

No comments:

Search This Blog