Friday, June 12, 2009

The Real Deal

Good night! It's been 10 days since my last post. Life, yo. Have you ever had days where it seems that all mayhem and disorder breaks forth, but you're walking closer with the Lord than ever? Well, that's me this week! I guess that's why Peter had to remind us not to be surprised with the fiery trials that try to overtake us. They are a natural part of the Christian life. I think sometimes I forget that being a Child of God has nothing to do with light and flowers and sweet music following me wherever I go. Sometimes it's about getting my hands dirty, dealing with messy human nature and living life in real time with real issues. It's like Jesus was trying to give everyone who would follow Him a head's up: "Okay guys listen, no really listen. Peter stop talking! This life is not going to be easy, okay? In fact now that you're following me, it will get much more complicated from here on out. You will suffer persecution, prejudice, attacks (verbal and physical) and overall some of you might get killed. . ." As his disciples stare at him with eyes wide and mouths gaping Jesus decides to add a little more in a way to comfort them: "Uh, but don't worry. In the same way I've overcome this world so will you. . ." A cheer erupts over His voice and the disciples secretly plan on how they will make him King of the Jews (or this world) and which high position they will take. Jesus shakes his head and silently prays for his disciples. That's me. That's you. That's every Christian who ever thought that the life hid in Christ would actually be hidden and we could quietly go about our day happy and free. No, we live life out loud. And some of us too loud (but that's another post for another day). Rejoice friends! If you are going through this week and it wasn't because of any particular thing you did that you know of this week then be of good cheer: You're just walking in the light of God!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey CeCe,
I just wanted to jot you a quick note thanking you for all of your edifying words which ministered to me in a MIGHTY way. I was going through a rough patch with one of my friends and just needed to sense his PRESENCE. And, I felt it. I felt it, GIRL. Thank you. I look forward to getting to know you. I really do. My email address is mloonz@aol.com. Look forward to hearing from you.
Your Sistah,
Melissa

"living life in real time with real issues." love it....absolutely love it

Search This Blog