Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kids Say The Darndest Things. . .

Ok, I am like so late but I don't have a good excuse really. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed the 4th of July and ate lots and lots of grilled stuff what ever that stuff may be: meat, veggies, dessert--it all tastes better seared over open flames! Me and my peeps went to the beach a couple of days ago and my oldest son tickled me purple. He was sitting in the van with semi wet clothes and a ton of sand. We were parked at a grocery store so I told my son to open the door and brush the sand out of his seat. He must have been in deep thought about it because he said, "But Mom, what if someone sees me and thinks I'm sexy?" I was so taken aback my 8-year old's (yeah, he's 8) reply that I couldn't do anything for a moment. I just sorta sat there while I tried to make sure those words actually came from my little genius boy. Then I cracked up. "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Are you serious? Open that door and do what I said, boy!" Then, I chuckled a little more because my little baby was serious. It was like he was saying, "Hey, Mom, I'm just saying I don't wanna cause a stir from showing off my awesomeness, you know?" and now I'm saying, "Lord Jesus, what a world we live in when little 8 year old boys have "sexiness" that they must protect from others!" I'm realizing that our kids are growing up waaaaaaaaaaay too fast. Now my son doesn't even know what sexy means but he knew that it had to do something with his body and others. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do about that. I know at his age that he could maybe handle it(he's a very smart kid) but I don't just how much "I" can handle it. So ya'll pray for a mother. . .

No comments:

Search This Blog