Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wonder Woman

I have been having some major league epiphanies this week. I mean major. It's not everyday that I wake up and have one of those "ahhhhhhhhh" moments where I hear large choirs singing ethereal music, but this was definitely a week for one. You remember Wonder Woman? You know, she could bend iron (never steel or titanium, though) and deflect bullets with her special cuffs, lift men by their collars and toss them aside and she always seemed to never come undone from her highly patriotic superhero swim suit no matter how many times she had to knock someone out? Well, it finally dawned on me that I thought I could be like Wonder Woman. I thought all I had to do was be strong and sure and do EVERYTHING to make things run right. I am NOT Wonder Woman. Me and God have been having several fights about who is to be in charge and how to go about running my life. Obviously, God pointed out my "superhero" weaknesses and showed me that my way of running things and thinking is flawed when He is not the first factor in the equation. I am a writer. I know that and God has shown me that. I want to write books right now yesterday. I want to continue to be a stay-at-home mom. I want to travel all over the country and then the world telling people about what God has done for me. I want to be the best wife for my husband. I have many other gifts and ideals and plans. These things are all noble and good, but none of them can happen or will happen as long as I try to force what I want to happen my way and in my time. One of Wonder Woman's flaws was that she was conflicted about being a "regular" person while trying to save the world as an undercover superhero. The problem was she wasn't just a "regular" person. She was a princess with royal responsibilities and duties with her first submission to the needs of her kingdom. God wants me to submit to the needs and will of His kingdom first and then all the other things will be added to to me. When I have totally given myself to what the higher calling is, then although I will face difficulties, I won't be on my own. I will be able to accomplish the desires of my heart and I will have the back up of all heaven on my side. If Wonder Woman had submitted to the will of her kingdom is it not possible that the citizens would have enlisted and gotten on her bandwagon? Would they not have fought with all diligence and ferocity for their beloved ruler? How many battles have we both fought and suffered through on our own that could have easily been over before it started with the help of the kingdom?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it. I recently had the same epiphany! Very humbling...

Search This Blog