Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Moving. . .

Yup that's right! We're moving 30 minutes north of where we are now. But that 30 minutes feels like the difference between life and death. Now don't get me wrong, I have appreciated the place where we've lived and added an extra baby to our numbers and I am so grateful for the people we rented our home with for the past five years, but OH MY GOODNESS! If I have to have one more near miss with one more myopic senior citizen in a very large car driving at sound shattering speeds with foreign license plates (MI, NY, WI, OH, Quebec, and Ontario, I promise you I will lose total respect for my elders! Too many close calls and they have the nerve to look at me like I shouldn't have been on the road! Not enough young people my age with kids, man. Not enough things for young people my age with kids to do and its only a 25 mile difference between the old place and the new! Is it really possible to fall into a retirement vortex and not realize it? (Cue Twilight Zone theme music) I am excited for the possibilities with this new place. We're meeting and "re-meeting" new friends who are reaching out to us and helping us move in a new direction. There are parks in the new town made for children! There's a lake with beautiful walking and bike trails. We even found a 1920's bungalow style home that has everything I asked God for and stuff I didn't remember asking as well! I hope and pray that this new move will not just be changing locations but a positive move in the right direction for our family.

No comments:

Search This Blog