Thursday, August 26, 2010

Exciting News for Cece Wilson!

O. . .M. . .Goodness! I am so in shock right now that I think I'm going to laugh, cry and squeal at the same time (Is it possible?)! I just submitted my first article for publication in an online newsletter/magazine The Pen Point and it's (the article) going to be put in September's issue! Yay God! Yay Me! OK, this is a very big step for me because I love to write and friends tell me I have lots of great things to say, but I didn't always have the confidence to put it out there for the world to see. Well, now I have. Even more significantly the company that the newsletter is associated with also has an Aspiring Authors grant for Christian writers that will be awarded at the end of this year to 10 authors and one playwright for publishing and production costs respectively. Whew! I have three books in my head and not yet in my computer. My desire is to finish the first book by the end of this year and see what happens. Even if I don't win this year, I am going to get a book finished and submit it so that I can give myself the opportunity to do what I've always wanted to do: be an author. The awesome thing about this grant is that I can reapply the next year so. . . What's holding me back really? Pray for me and wish me luck on this endeavor. I love you guys!

9 comments:

The Ninja said...

Now THAT is exciting!! I have my first guest post to a big blog coming out soon as well, so congrats to you!!

CeCe Wilson said...

Silently and stealthily done, my dear! True Ninja style. . . Thanks for stopping by :0) Keep me posted on when you do your guest blogging and congrats to you as well!

Tammy said...

How exciting! You work it girl! Congrats! I bet you are on cloud 9 right about now. I will be waiting to hear how you do with getting your book done! You go girl! :)

CeCe Wilson said...

Thanks so much Tammy! I really am excited. Now about this book thing. . . I've got like 34 years of attention deficits and dis-order to get over, but I am totally geeked! I will do it though because I have a deadline. . . LOL!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and thanks so much for stopping by my blog & commenting today! I'm your newest follower.

I love to write, but feel like there's so much holding me back (including twins that are 4 years old). Working on it, but for now, the book remains unwritten and in my head....

Wanda said...

WooHoo, CeCe....way to go my friend. I told you that you have something to say that others need to hear. Best wishes on the books.

CeCe Wilson said...

Hi Erin! For the record, YOU are an amazing writer and I love visiting your blog.

Don't despair about writing: I've been waiting over 10 years to Git er Dun and in the meantime I've successfully gotten two out of three children plus one spouse to school.I've just got one more to go. I say WE deserve a medal.

CeCe Wilson said...

Hi Wanda!I really appreciate your encouragements and best wishes. It's kinda been like I've been on "pause" until God was ready to take me to the next step. I'll definitely keep you posted!

Anita said...

How exciting! Continue to experience the joy of writing (and sometimes the necessary frustrations), and good things will continue to come your way.
Blessings.

Search This Blog